Monday, January 10, 2011

Monkey Bread

Monkey bread is my Christmas morning tradition. I prepare it the night before, stick it in the fridge and as soon as I get up in the morning I stick it in the oven. Then after the kids get up and we explore what Santa brought we enjoy this before moving on to stockings and gifts!

My friend Cassie makes this on Christmas morning too. Only hers is different. And I've even seen another blog or two that have ways that are different than hers! Who could have imagined that there were so many ways to make such a simple dish!

I love it cause its easy, cheap and delicious!!
First take 4 cans of "pop" biscuits and open them all up

 Next, cut them all into fours, like this....
 Prepair and bowl of cinnamon and sugar
 Coat the biscuit pieces in the the mixture 
 Once they are all coated put them into a bundt pan. I spray mine with pam.
I leave mine in the refrigerator over night on Christmas eve, just so its one last thing I have to do in the morning. So in the morning I take it out and give it a "fluff" so that the pieces are loose again, after being in the cold refrigerator they stick together. 
Once its been fluffed, I melt 1 stick of butter and drizzle it over the top, make sure to even distribute the butter so that you get a consistent texture threw out.

Pop it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 min. 

Then turn over on a platter and it should pop right out!

And Because mine started being attacked before I could get a picture of it, I will show you Cassies, and assure you that Mine looked the same :)


I like to make a sweetened cream cheese spread to put over the top of it. If you put it on top just after you place it on your tray it will melt down all over it and you will need 10 napkins.
This also makes a great Sunday morning treat or if you have guests over!


Recipie:
Bread
4 cans pop biscuits
1/2 Cup melted butter
1/2 Cup sugar and cinnamon mixture

Frosting

1 8oz package low fat cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1tbsp Vanilla




1 comment:

Cassi said...

yum yum!!
Can you beleive Jace wasn't into it?! He CANT be my kid! That's ok though, more for everyone else!!

Cassi
www.timetoplaymom.com